Friday, August 15, 2008

Shocker: "Mike & The Mad Dog" show is history


This is a REAL bummer. I loved this show. Listened at work. Watched at home on YES. The reaction in NYC, from what I've seen, has been one of major shock and disappointment. There are stories in both today's New York Daily News and New York Post, which are linked on this page. The WFAN Website, also linked on this page, has posted an audio clip of Francesa - who will now go solo - coming on the air today and talking about it with Russo. If you're a fan of the show, it's worth listening.

Forget ESPN radio. These guys were the best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was in Philly about nine years ago going to a Dallas/Eagles game at The Vet, and my friend Lonnie and I were listening to a "Sports Talk" show there, and it immediately showed me just how good Mike & The Mad Dog were. These Philly clowns sounded like college kids, only they were about 50 years old. Unprofessional, uneducated, ignorant fools. The one idiot looked like Bowser from Sha-Na-Na, and though I think he's a big name in Philly, he would not last one day in NYC, or even at ESPN radio. I don't know his name, and I really don't care, but he was a complete joke and a complete asshole.

Actually, now that I think of it, saying that the Philly moron elevated Mike & Dog in my eyes is actually unfair and untrue. This guy could have elevated the status of a box of cat shit.

Mike and Dog were the No. 1 drive-time show in New York for 18 years. Close to a million listeners a day. That's huge. And they were smart. Very smart. And complete pros.

I'll miss the duo, but at least Francesa is staying.

August 16, 2008 10:57 PM

'The Banner' gets signed by ‘The Chosen One’ Nearly 30 years ago, my friends and I gave Don Mattingly our own special nic...