Friday, September 25, 2009

Yanks poised for playoffs


OK ... we haven't blogged that much here over the past few weeks, but maybe that's simply because the Yanks opened up such a nice lead in the standings in August. What we have is two Cy Young candidates in CC and Mo, two MVP candidates in Jeter and Texiera and a Manager of the Year candidate in Girardi. We have a team that, with the exception of April and a little bump in June, has played great baseball all year. We've had surprising comebacks from Damon and Matsui and a fun clubhouse thanks to A.J and Swisher. I like this team. The bullpen, a great concern earlier this year, is actually not so bad these days. Our concerns should be Andy's shoulder, A.J.'s inconsistency and, of course Joba. I hope they know what they're doing with the kid. I think most of us are just confused with how they handle him. Fortunately, he's our fourth starter, which is never a big factor in October.
Postseason success is in the hands of CC, AJ and Andy. I like this team. No first-round exit this year. No way. Let's go ....

3 comments:

AKS said...

I feel A-Rod is going to get some big hits in the playoffs. He's quietly had a great season, with no off-field fanfare. He's doesn't need to be "the man" anymore. Texiera's the man now. I think he's relaxed and ready to roll. Prediction: He will be the MVP of the ALDS, ALCS or World Series.

Anonymous said...

I like the fact the played pretty well against the Angels this year and have won something like 7 of their last 8 against Boston. Nobody has their number. This team feels different.

Anonymous said...

Much improved team over the beginning of the season. I think you're right and Tex has taken some of the focus off of A Rod. I don't think he'll be the MVP, I just hope he can at least produce.

'The Banner' gets signed by ‘The Chosen One’ Nearly 30 years ago, my friends and I gave Don Mattingly our own special nic...