Thursday, September 3, 2009

Mo is still the man


From the New York Daily News:
Mariano Rivera is leading the American League with 38 saves and is pitching to a 1.78 ERA. He has converted 34 straight saves opportunities, the longest streak of his career, while blowing only one save all season. He has allowed only one run in 29 appearances since June 12.
There is talk of a Cy Young Award for Mo. He probably won't win it, because relievers rarely do, but as he approaches the age of 40, I try to savor every time I see him pitch, whether I'm at the game, or just watching on TV. He is one of the most remarkable Yankees of all-time.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ya gotta go to Mo.

'The Banner' gets signed by ‘The Chosen One’ Nearly 30 years ago, my friends and I gave Don Mattingly our own special nic...