Monday, July 20, 2009

We need Doc Halladay


I want Roy Halladay in pinstripes, really bad. He's an amazing pitcher. Saw him pitch against the Yanks last year in Toronto and he made them look silly. Honestly, as our guys were walking back to the dugout, after continuously being struck out, they were glancing back over their shoulders, just looking at him, as if to say, "What the f-ck was that?" It was really nasty stuff. I not only want to get him because he's great, but also because, if he goes to any contender, we are screwed. If he goes to the Angels, he will beat us twice in the ALDS. If he goes to Boston, he will beat us twice in the ALCS. If he goes to the Dodgers, he will beat us twice in the World Series. I'd give Toronto half the farm and two roster players for this guy in a heartbeat.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What would you give? What players would you package in a trade?

Eric said...

So, who would you give Alan?
I think we are fine without him.
That being said ANY team can use the best pitcher in the American League....but at what cost.
Plus he'll be a free agent in 1 1/2 years and who says we can keep him?
You may trade the future for 1 1/2 years.
IF you get a ring from it, worth it. If not, a Mets-Sized disaster....

Anonymous said...

I think I'd give Joba, Melky and a prospect. - Alan

Anonymous said...

How about some other ideas for who to put in a trade? Anybody have any ideas?

Anonymous said...

Joba, Melky and a prospect? I don't think they'd go for that. I wouldn't.

But you are right about needing to do something to keep him from going elsewhere. I was up in the Boston area this weekend and the local news there was all over this, and how the Red Sox need him just to keep him from going to the Yanks.


-- Rosey

Anonymous said...

Right now it looks like the Phillies may be out of the running for Halladay. There are whispers coming out of Boston that they may throw a deal Toronto's way. That would be devastating to the Yankees. Right now, the Yanks are winning with great hitting, solid starting pitching and a resurgent bullpen. However, come playoff time, is their starting rotation good enough in a 7 game series. I think not. Sabathia and Burnett are solid, Pettite is showing some signs of age and then there is Joba. He shows sparks of being a solid 4th starter and then he goes back to 5 1/3 Joba. A few weeks ago I was full speed ahead on making an offer for Halladay, but now I'm not so sure. This team is really clicking and I'm not sure I would mess with success. However, if Boston gets in the mix, the Yankees have to throw something out there. I would give Molina, Melkey, Joba, Shelly Duncan and a player to be named later. That player would not be Alan Jackson. Juan Miranda might be that player. As for giving away the future, two words...Free Agency!

Jim M.

'The Banner' gets signed by ‘The Chosen One’ Nearly 30 years ago, my friends and I gave Don Mattingly our own special nic...