Saturday, June 13, 2009

Subway lucky ...


OK, so last night's game vs. the Mets was a poorly played, poorly pitched mess at times, but damn ... what an ending! Wow! Unreal! Can you believe Tex scored all the way from first? Give him credit for the hustle. Nice that he and Matsui went yard, too. The truth is, I really don't dislike the Mets and actually feel a little bad for this guy. It's Met fans that annoy me, so I think we should all be joyful that they are feeling very low, downtrodden, humiliated and defeated today. And hell, what kind of Yankees blog would this be without posting this photo?
Here is the crazy video:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't believe it!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have placed a bet in Vegas that Jeter also would have homered last night. The guy just KILLS the Mets, all the time. - Mel

Anonymous said...

The Yankees got lucky in that one or they would have a 5 game losing streak going into todays game against the Mets. I don't think the outlook is good for today with Santana pitching for New Yorks other team. If Burnett is on, we could see a 2 to 1 game. The big question is can he go more that 3 or 4 innings?

Jim M.

Anonymous said...

I was very surprised the beat up on Santana on Sunday. They usually don't hit good pitching. I was not surprised, however, that Jeter had four hits and a bunch of RBI. He is the MET KILLER. I have never seen any Yankee just kill another team so much almost every time they play.

Anonymous said...

Mike Francesa on WFAN today: "I have never seen a ballgame end like that in my life. Shocking."

'The Banner' gets signed by ‘The Chosen One’ Nearly 30 years ago, my friends and I gave Don Mattingly our own special nic...