Thursday, June 25, 2009

NL baseball sucks


National League baseball sucks. What's so great about seeing a guy that absolutely can't hit at all come to the plate? Fans of NL ball always talk about "the strategy." Give me a f-ing break. Let's say it's a 1-1 game in the 6th inning, you've got a guy on second, and the pitcher is due up. Here is the f-ing strategy: "Hmm ... what's the best way to screw myself over here? Do I take the guy who's pitching great out of the game for a pinch-hitter, or do I let him hit and totally squander my chance to take the lead?" You can have that crap. I'll take a big slugging DH any day. It was funny seeing Mo hit last night, but I'm glad he got out. Remember how Wang got hurt last year? It's all nonsense. I hate the National League.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Given the choice between watching a guy like Frank Thomas or Tom Glavin hit, I think I'd rather watch Thomas.

Anonymous said...

Alan, I don't fully agree with your comment on National League baseball. Yes, it is not exciting to see a pitcher bat, however it does add a strategy to the game. Do you take the pitcher out if you need a run in the middle or late in the game if he is pitching well? You can make double switches to better position batters in your line-up.

The thing that really gets to me is that we have rule differences between the leagues. This is a real problem for interleague play and the World Series. Advantage goes to the National League. The American League pitchers never bat. I think I may be able to give a better effort at the plate. The rule differences may be the sole reason for the end of Ching Ming Wangs career ending (if it happens).

The other think I hate is the ability of the DH to prolong or make hall of famers out of players that would not be able to continue to play. A great example of this is David Ortiz. If there were no DH, he would be considered a medicore player. He would be a liability in the filed and may not play. The DH prolongs careers therefore giving players the ability to run up hitting stats which may qualify them for the hall of fame. Robin Yount is a great example.

I say lets level the playing filed by making the rules the same for both leagues.

Jim M.

'The Banner' gets signed by ‘The Chosen One’ Nearly 30 years ago, my friends and I gave Don Mattingly our own special nic...