Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Enough about the wind!


Enough of the snickering. Some people in the media are starting to pile on way too much when it comes to all of the home runs at the new Yankee Stadium. Look, they built a new stadium RIGHT NEXT to the old one. It is facing the EXACT SAME direction. The field dimensions are EXACTLY THE SAME. How could anyone have predicted this new "wind pattern" that's causing all of the home runs? The concession area is open to the field, which is better for the fans, but may have inadvertently changed the wind current. Or, maybe something else caused it. Who knows? I'm sure they'll figure it out and fix it. I'll trash the Yanks in a heartbeat for the crazy ticket prices - because they deserve it - but I'll cut them a break on all of this flak they're getting over the freaking wind. Next time somebody calls the place a joke, I'm just going to tell them to "Shut the f- up." Nobody makes fun of our house. The place is gorgeous.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If a Philly fan ever told me the stadium was a joke, I would kindly remind them that their entire existence is a joke, and that they are - personally and in their own state of being - a joke. - Mel.

Unknown said...

The difference is the fact that everything is wide open - those big arch shaped windows are closed off in the old house, but are wide open, as is most everything else, in the new house. Who cares anyway? The visitors have just as much of an advantage. I don't pay attention to anything the media says anyway..the New York press are a bunch of self-loathing morons, and the national media is too busy being in love with Obama and the Red Sox. The Yankees represent evil corporate greed. I say greed is good!! 26 rings are simply not enough!!!

captain munson barou bevy said...

I don't give a S**T about what they say..Who cares.. what matters is the emotion I felt walking around this absolutely gorgeous house that Jeter built.. wind no wind same for each team.. I love it opened up.. no congestion.. view from anywhere.. and love the door entrance on the side of the big screen, it shows how mammoth it is.. I'm happy with it so F em'

'The Banner' gets signed by ‘The Chosen One’ Nearly 30 years ago, my friends and I gave Don Mattingly our own special nic...