Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Matsui set to return, Pavano may follow



According to today's New York Daily News, Hideki Matsui may return to the Yanks as soon as Tuesday. And (yikes!) Carl Pavano may pitch on Saturday. Please, Carl, do not stand too close to any of the other Yanks in the clubhouse. We fear an anvil may somehow randomly fall from above and immediately put you and a few teammates back on the DL.


Actually, there's a story in today's Daily News in which Cashman defends Pavano as a good guy and hard worker who's been bit by nothing but bad luck. There's also an interview with Andy Pettite comparing the 2008 Yanks to some of the championship teams he played with. The difference? Better pitching, better clutch hitting and less injuries. Really? I thought it might have been the grounds crew, or the type of detergent being used to clean the uniforms. I love Andy, but we really didn't need him to tell us that.

4 comments:

Berg said...

Johnny Damon Sucks. My least favorite Yank of all time. The sight of him actually makes me start to gag. Nice job in center tonight.

Anonymous said...

berg,
you beat me to it.i figured your damon venom would overflow last night. i cant even watch yes or baseball tonite!pavano are u fvkn
kiddn me he will be booed from the stadium.looks like those of you with last game tix actually have last game tix.should be a great game.the players will be happy to get to the clubs in miami.

AKS said...

I was at the Springsteen show in Hershey. My cousin sent me a text of the 2-1 final around 11 p.m., but I didn't know what happened.

Just read the NY Daily News story. A dropped fly ball? And A-Rod getting greedy on the bases, down one run in the 9th?

Ugh ....

- Alan

Anonymous said...

I don't hate Damon. I like guys who get lots of hits, and he gets lots of hits. - Mel

'The Banner' gets signed by ‘The Chosen One’ Nearly 30 years ago, my friends and I gave Don Mattingly our own special nic...