Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Enough negativity! Let's go!


Yes, we are 0-4 against the BoSox. And yes, all of the empty premier seats at the new stadium look AWFUL on TV. And yes, C.C. is 1-3, Wang is on the DL and has been terrible and Posada is now hurt. It's been a see-saw month, that's for sure. But - just because I think we all need it - here are a few positive signs from early 2009:

1. Cano is great. Much more focused. Looks like a big year for him.
2. Andy looks good. Better than his record shows.
3. Swisher.
4. Damon is still a very good offensive player.
5. Jeter is getting clutch hits, as always. Seems he likes leading off.
6. Texiera had two bombs last night. Looks like he's finally ready to bust out.
7. Yanks took two of three from the Angels. When was the last time that happened? 10 years ago?
8. A.J. Burnett seems like a great pick up. Yeah, he wasn't that sharp his last two starts, but I still see him easily winning 15 games.
9. BoSox have problems, too. Papi looks old. Beckett has been shelled.
10. The reviews on the A-Rod book have been very so-so and sales are slow. It seems nobody cares. Good.

I still say they win at least 92 games and make the playoffs. Stay positive! Let's go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I appreciate your positive view! I'm not at all positive about this season, not very hopeful, but I am happy that the Yanks have fans like you. :)

--Susan

'The Banner' gets signed by ‘The Chosen One’ Nearly 30 years ago, my friends and I gave Don Mattingly our own special nic...